1. To identify constraints and potential solutions of ensuring safe and nutritious agro-based food sustainability across the value chain “from farm to plate”.
- To engage with policy makers so that favourable policy and implementation environments are created.
- To educate and create mass awareness on practices needed for safe and nutritious food from production to post-harvest processing, handling, packaging, storage, transportation, whole-sale, retailing, and cooking, handling of cooked food and preservation at restaurants, street side vendors and home.
- To promote research and development on technology innovation and adaptation, and transfer of knowledge and skills to both public and private sectors, to establish a sustained backward and forward linkages in agro-based food production, processing and hospitality.
- To establish a strong partnership among all stakeholders and processes supportive of food safety, nutrition and sustainable eco-friendly agricultural practice.
Strategies to achieve the objectives
1. To identify constraints and potential solutions of ensuring safe and nutritious food sustainability across the value chain “from farm to plate”.